Who will protect the freedom to blog? Never in the eight years that I have worked as an independent blogger have I seen such a concerted threat to the fundamental right of citizen journalists to speak their minds freely and without fear of bodily harm. As former Justice Department official Christian Adams points out, it is a federal violation of 18 U.S.C. §241 to conspire to deprive someone of his “free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him by the Constitution or laws of the United States.” Members of Congress swore an oath to uphold the Constitution — all of it. Who means it?
"[T]here seems to have been an actual decline in rational thinking. The United States had become a place where entertainers and professional athletes were mistaken for people of importance. They were idolized and treated as leaders; their opinions were sought on everything and they took themselves just as seriously—after all, if an athlete is paid a million or more a year, he knows he is important ... so his opinions of foreign affairs and domestic policies must be important, too, even though he proves himself to be ignorant and subliterate every time he opens his mouth." -- Robert A. Heinlein
- "I believe in love even when I am alone. I believe in God even when He is silent." Unknown
- John 1:1: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
- CROOK Watch: Former ACORN Director Gets $445M from Taxpayers
- "The freedom now desired by many is not freedom to do and dare but freedom from care and worry." James Truslow Adams
- "Status quo, you know, is Latin for 'the mess we're in'." Ronald Reagan