Monday, March 7, 2011

Restore a Life, Save A Future–Another Great Story

From The Sheridan House

Whenever you ask a middle school boy a question, there is a 98% chance the answer will sound something like this, “I don’t know…I don’t care…not now…I can’t!”  Wes, however, is the exact opposite.  He is a thinker who expresses his feelings with his words.  His seven months with us have been “profoundly life changing.”  Wes continues to have a multitude of questions about his Creator, this world, and the people who live in it; but he is on his way to becoming a strong, young man for God.

Question: What have you learned about God, your parents, or yourself while enrolled at Sheridan House?

Answer: I’ve learned many new things about God, and solidified some things I already knew.  I’ve renewed my relationship with Him.  I have learned that all I have to do is ask Him for help, have patience in waiting for the answer, and praise Him with all my heart.  I practice going to God now and not my friends.

I have also learned that my parents love me so much and that they are trying so hard to do what is best for me.  They go to class now to learn how to be better parents.  They are constantly sacrificing their time for me.  I think they’ve always done that, but now I know how to show my appreciation.

I’ve learned a lot about myself – what helps me and what tears me down.  I now know what I am looking for in life, how to set higher goals, and how to achieve my goals.  I’ve realized how I want to be treated and how to treat others.

God is good!  We are so proud of Wes’ tremendous progress and will continue to pray as he grows in Christ.

image

No comments:

Post a Comment