Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Pray for a warrior or a veteran using God's Promises of Protection (#military #veteran #USMC #USA #USAF #USN #USCG)

( I am a Vietnam Marine veteran. While in Vietnam, I almost never saw a chaplain but wasn't really looking. I do remember seeing bits of scripture on many pieces of body armor, particularly from Psalm 23 and Psalm 91, "The Soldier's Psalm". Now, later in life, absolutely convinced about the awesome power of prayer as used in my health battles, I wish someone had been praying for all warriors and veterans during and after their military battles. Please do so now. You may also post an individual prayer at the bottom in the Comments section. - John)

"The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous runs into it and is safe." Proverbs 18:10

"But now, thus says the Lord, your Creator, O Jacob, and He who formed you, O Israel, 'Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine! When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they will not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, nor will the flame burn you.'" Isaiah 43:1-2

"But the Lord is faithful, and He will strengthen and protect you from the evil one." 2 Thessalonians 3:3

"Who is there to harm you if you prove zealous for what is good? 1 Peter 3:13

"The Lord will protect you from all evil; He will keep your soul. The Lord will guard your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forever." Psalm 121:7-8

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the defense of my life; whom shall I dread?" Psalm 27:1

"When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet." Proverbs 3:24

"For You have been a refuge for me, a tower of strength against the enemy." Psalm 61:3

"But he who listens to me shall live securely and shall be at ease from the dread of evil." Proverbs 1:33

"He will not fear evil tidings; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord." Psalm 112:7

"For you have made the Lord, my refuge, even the Most High, your dwelling place. No evil will befall you, nor will any plague come near your tent." Psalm 91:9-10

"In peace I will both lie down and sleep, for You alone, O Lord, make me to dwell in safety." Psalm 4:8

"You will laugh at violence and famine, neither will you be afraid of wild beasts." Job 5:22

"Then you would trust, because there is hope; and you would look around and rest securely. You would lie down and none would disturb you, and many would entreat your favor." Job 11:18-19

". . . May the beloved of the Lord dwell in security by Him, Who shields him all the day, and he dwells between His shoulders." Deuteronomy 33:12

"They will no longer be a prey to the nations, and the beasts of the earth will not devour them; but they will live securely, and no one will make them afraid." Ezekiel 34:28

"But if you truly obey his voice and do all that I say, then I will be an enemy to your enemies and an adversary to your adversaries." Exodus 23:22

"But You, O Lord, are on high forever. For, behold, Your enemies, O Lord, for, behold, Your enemies will perish; all who do iniquity will be scattered." Psalm 92:8-9

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for this, I have a newphew serving!
    Sandra Hersey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks John - this is what I needed tonight

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am grateful for you and Chase Ford of the American Service Veterans Employment Initiative (ASVEI). To see men of faith standing up for what is right is a good thing. ASVEI is working to see to it that veterans have jobs in order to improve the quality of life for veterans and their families. His postings on the AARP website as CHASE57 remind me of how precarious our position is. Please encourage others to contact him at 409-499-9425 to thank him for his efforts on our behalf. May God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks John. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PROTECTION

    Thank You, Lord, for the courage and selfless service of our military troops and veterans. May our loved ones, our veterans and all who serve around the world turn to You for rest and protection. Keep them safe from all hidden dangers and deadly diseases. May they not fear the terrors of the night or the disaster that strikes at midday. Order Your angels to protect them wherever they go. Keep their feet from slipping, and hold them securely in Your strong right hand until they are safely home. (Ps: 91:1-11, 121-3, 139:10)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, I sometimes feel like I am the only one out here praying. It gives me hope when I see other Christians that are also in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope my brothers and sisters in Iraq and Afghanistan know their brother and sisters veterans are praying for them back home. Be blessed in Yeshua Jesus

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isa 27 in that day LORD with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish liviathan the piercing serpent, even liviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea.

    You know that little mustard seed of faith? It's been getting bigger, because we overcome evil with the blood of the Lamb of God. It's a legal matter, the blood actually speaks. Father says we can. So, I draw a blood line around the troops of the 12 tribes and the children of promise. Jesus is our high priest forever, shield and fortress. Be brave. I speak peace in the hearts of the children of the day. Let there be honour even in this O God. All praise and glory be to the Son of the Most High God.

    Didn't mean to rant...sorry; the soldiers are loved, that's all I meant to convey.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I trust the Lord and I believe as Christians we will prevail. I started the ASVEI organization to address issues in veterans employment in our own country. All this was back in 2009 when I was watching veterans and locals being laid off from the Motiva CEP Project while foreign nationals from India, the Phillipines and Mexico being retained. Now I am fighting a battle concerning fair treatment in regards to injuries I received in a crane related accident while I was working for Canadian-based PCL Construction on the same project. I can honestly say that PCL has shown little or no concern for my injuries and has done nothing to help me since the company laid me off after I reported an intoxicated PCL supervisor on the site. No meaning investigation has taken place in regards to the incident despite numerous promises that a fair and impartial investigation would take place. Is this the treatment we want our veterans to receive in their own country? IF YOU DISAGREE WITH THIS TYPE OF TREATMENT..PLEASE JOIN US IN SPEAKING UP CONCERNING IT. May God bless each and every one of our brothers and sisters. Chase Ford 409-499-9425

    ReplyDelete