Monday, March 18, 2013

This lady is just what we need to reach those that conservatives have neglected!

By John Sykes

Trying to find the best new conservative voices isn't always fun or fruitful. This lady is just what we need to reach into the parts of the culture conservative's have neglected.

She's from "We The People". She's steadfast. She's a capitalist. She knows we have to be engaged with those we are trying to reach, not just parachuting in near the end of a campaign. Most of all, she knows who is truly the Boss and looks to Him.

From Sonnie Johnson in Please Allow Me to Re-Introduce Myself:
... I got the best piece of advice when I started speaking publicly, "Don't let them take away that which makes you great."
I have never tried to be anything other than Sonnie Johnson.  I'm a child of God, born and raised between the housing projects and country backwoods; between government peanut butter and fresh tomatoes from the vine; between government giving you everything and working for everything you get.
And that why I refuse to change.  I grow, learn, adapt, and charge forward every day of my life but I will never forget why I wrote my first blog, gave my first speech, or attended my first convention.  It's not for CPAC, GOP, or any other group. 
It's for inarticulate capitalists.  Full Negro Dialect hood conservatives that don't know they have a place in the conservative movement.  To reassure them, you don't have to be handed a space under the tent.  Just walk right in and be accepted for who you are.
But most importantly, GOD MADE ME WHO I AM AND PLACED MY FEET WHERE HE WANTED ME TO STAND.  If you have a problem with that, take it up with him.
God bless Sonnie and send us more like her. Then we'll get it done! 

No comments:

Post a Comment