QUICK HITS from Heritage
- The Democratic state Senators who fled Wisconsin to avoid a debate on government union collective bargaining now say they plan to come back soon.
- Thanks to government union collective bargaining powers, New York State is paying 10 times more for state employees’ pensions than it did just a decade ago.
- House Democratic Caucus chairman Mike Turner of Nashville called Governor Bill Haslam’s (R) plan to weaken government union collective bargaining powers “terrorism against our teachers.”
- White House Chief of Staff William Daley told Meet the Press yesterday that President Obama is considering tapping the Strategic Petroleum Reserve to lower gas prices.
- The Obama Administration granted 126 new Obamacare waivers Friday, bringing the total number of Indulgences granted over 1,000.
Next time a liberal touts to you the virtue of this or that government program, tell him that we should never encourage governments to create new programs, because it really just encourages them to beggar us all. Quote Adam Smith: "There is no art which one government sooner learns of another than that of draining money from the pockets of the people." Tell your liberal friend that taxation is essentially theft by big bully government; you're for power to the people.
“There is just one thing more I wish I could give you. It is the religion of our Lord Jesus Christ. With it, if you had nothing else, you could be happy. Without it, though you had all things else, you could not be happy.” Patrick Henry
Must be a progressive sign!