Thursday, March 28, 2013

Real Courage Is Standing Up for ...

From The Looking Spoon Blog

There is a scene in C.S. Lewis's "Prince Caspian" (the movie, I haven't read the book) where Lucy finally finds Aslan after several instances where she thought she had seen him. Her brothers and sister hadn't seen him and refused to join her in finding him because they insisted she was seeing things. When Lucy explains this to Aslan as the reason she didn't seek him out Aslan says "and why would that stop you from coming to me?"

For those unfamiliar with the Narnia stories, Aslan represents Christ. Since prop 8 passed in California I've put my neck out from time to time. It's not easy, not because I'm not sure if I'm right, but because I'm in the age bracket where 70% think marriage should be redefined. I've risked losing, and have lost, very dear friends over this. That scene helps keep me focused on what's more important, and helped inspire this piece.



No comments:

Post a Comment