We Need Knife Control Laws?
The Bureau of Justice Statistics stated that for the period between 1993 to 2001, 10% of all violent crimes involved a firearm and 6% of all violent crimes involved a knife.
A more recent report, 2009, by the Department of Justice stated: “Of the aggravated assault offenses in 2009 for which law enforcement agencies provided expanded data, 26.9 percent were committed with hands, fists, and feet; 20.9 percent were committed with firearms; and 18.7 percent were committed with knives or cutting instruments.”
In Great Britain, where gun control is very strict, they report that a crime involving a knife happens every 24 minutes.
So why isn’t anyone calling for knife control laws? Statistically, they are being used almost as often as guns to commit crimes. [Are Tasers next?]
- A Horrible, Horrible Story & Stain on Us All > The death of Marie Freyre > FL's Scott & Bondi to Blame?
- A Lawyer’s Tips on Negotiating for Dummies and Congressional Republicans
- DISGRACE! Students Forced to Stand for 'Black National Anthem' - Aren't Blacks Americans Too? bit.ly/RFrtGj
- America Nears El Tipping Pointo - Are we down to white vs. hispanic kids? bit.ly/RCOOrT
- Margaret Sanger’s Eugenics Utopia: Alive and Well in Our Society bit.ly/REhwZs
- MUST READ! Islamology 101 - We ignore Islamist ideology at our own peril! bit.ly/SADnya
- BenghaziGate: Obama Admin Knew Libyan Terrorists Had US-Provided Weapons & has hid it for years! ow.ly/fRIY4
- BRILLIANT! McConnell Calls Their Bluff .. How calmly he sticks the knife in! ow.ly/fRJig
- Geithner: 'Absolutely' willing to go over the cliff - Obama thinks he holds all the cards.