“Why is the Tea Party destroying the Republican Party?”…
… we can blow apart this fanciful meme by reviewing the Tea Party’s short history. Let’s simply review how terrible the Tea Party has been for the GOP.
- — They energized a conservative movement battered by eight years of bloated Republicanism,
- — they shocked the political world by taking Ted Kennedy’s seat,
- — they put Obama Democrats in a constant defensive crouch,
- — they led the resistance against Obamacare,
- — they helped bring about the largest legislative landslide in U.S. history in 2010,
- — they grabbed six seats in the U.S. Senate that year,
- — they helped elect six governors,
- — they helped win 700 seats in state legislatures, and
- — helped elect a Republican majority that included the largest number of Republicans elected since 1946.
With a track record like that, the Republican Party had better watch their backs. If this trend keeps up, they may just win the White House and the Senate.
Regardless of what happens in the next few weeks, the general theme that the Tea Party has been bad for the GOP is pure malarkey.
From John Sykes: A better question may be “Why is the GOP trying to destroy the Tea Party”? The answers will become more apparent if and when Romney/Ryan get elected. Conservative Tea Partiers will need to start very carefully monitoring for the politics and processes of elitists of all ilks – Republican or Democrat!