Friday, March 11, 2011

Christian Inspiration: Devotion, Scripture, Poetry, News & More – 3/11/11

imageIt’s Not Fair by Max Lucado

“Guide me in your truth, and teach me, my God, my Savior.”  Psalm 25:5

“It’s not fair,” we say. It’s not fair that I was born in poverty or that I sing so poorly or that I run so slowly. But the scales of life were forever tipped on the side of fairness when God planted a tree in the Garden of Eden. All complaints were silenced when Adam and his descendants were given free will, the freedom to make whatever eternal choice we desire. Any injustice in this life is offset by the honor of choosing our destiny in the next.


imageHe is a path, if any be misled;
He is a robe, if any naked be;
If any chance to hunger, His is bread;
If any be a bondman, He is free;
If any be but weak, how strong is He!
To dead men life is He, to sick men, health;
A pleasure without loss, a treasure without stealth.
Giles Fletcher


Today's Verse picture... click for a larger version Hear my prayer, O LORD; listen to my cry for mercy. In the day of my trouble I will call to you, for you will answer me. Psalm 86:6-7


"It cannot be emphasized too clearly and too often that this nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religion, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ. For this very reason, peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here." ~ Patrick Henry


ABC has approved a pilot with the title "Good Christian B------." Is this what Christian women … deserve?

No comments:

Post a Comment