Sunday, February 27, 2011

Suck it up, GOP!!! Don’t cave in to Obama’s shameful budget sham!

By John Sykes

I don’t know where to credit the following quote but it puts the realities of the Obama budget in a very bright light.

The President ordered the cabinet to cut a whopping $100 million from the $3.5 trillion federal budget!

I'm so impressed by this sacrifice that I have decided to do the same thing with my personal budget. I spend about $2000 a  month on groceries, household expenses, medicine, utilities, etc, but it's time to get out the budget cutting ax, go line by line through my expenses, and cut back!

I'm going to cut my spending at exactly the same ratio -1/35,000 of my total budget.  After doing the math, it looks like instead of spending $2000 a month; I'm going to have to cut that number by six cents!

Yes, I'm going to have to get by with $1999.94, but that's what sacrifice is all about.  I'll just have to do without some things, that are, frankly,luxuries. (Did the President actually think no one would do the math?)

John Q. Taxpayer




Here’s another very enlightening visualization of this same sham!

 

 

 

If results are meaningful, we don’t yet see much different coming from the GOP side of Washington. In all fairness, they don’t yet have the political structure they need to get much done. But they also don’t need to be kowtowing to a President that would propose the sham budget he did. Giving in to a brief extension of the budget mess for $4 Billion in cuts ranks up there with Obama’s latest joke on us.

Related cartoons

image image  

Related articles

No comments:

Post a Comment