Quote George Bernard Shaw:
"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul."
"If every person has the right to defend -- even by force -- his person, his liberty, and his property, then it follows that a group of men have the right to organize and support a common force to protect these rights constantly. Thus the principle of collective right -- its reason for existing, its lawfulness -- is based on individual right. And the common force that protects this collective right cannot logically have any other purpose or any other mission than that for which it acts as a substitute. Thus, since an individual cannot lawfully use force against the person, liberty, or property of another individual, then the common force -- for the same reason -- cannot lawfully be used to destroy the person, liberty, or property of individuals or groups."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Allen West again saying things most spineless politicians lack the willpower or intestinal fortitude to say!
So do you think that The Feds’ Destruction of Our Home Values is why some people want government out of our lives?
In 2008, Sen. Barack Obama criticized President Bush's effort to "bring more and more power into the executive branch" and promised to reverse it when he became president. So Obama promptly:
- appointed 39 czars, most of them not confirmed by the U.S. Senate
- went on course to add as much debt in one term as all 43 previous presidents combined
- massively increased the states’ and business’s individual tabs, thereby hiding much of the massive spending attributable to the Feds
- seized much of the nation’s health, auto, and financial industries
- turned much of our public wing, including TSA, over to the unions
- and set the corruptocrat dragons, like the EPA, loose to rule by regulation
Quick Hits from Heritage:
- On this Presidents Day, remember to Celebrate Washington's Birthday.
- Protesting teachers could reap $6 million from taxpayers to attend rallies.
- Madison teachers will continue their illegal sick out for a fourth straight day today.
- Unrest is spreading throughout North Africa and the Middle East including Libya, Iran, Morocco, and Bahrain.
”We in this country, in this generation, are by destiny rather than choice the watchman on the walls of world freedom. We ask therefore, that we may be worthy of our power and responsibility, that we may exercise our strength with wisdom and restraint, and that we may achieve in our time and for all time the ancient vision of peace on earth, goodwill toward men. That must always be our goal. For as was written long ago, 'Except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.'” John F. Kennedy
Here’s a good short guide to Alinsky’s Rules for Radicals to be used when being assaulted by some poor misguided lib/prog!