The bedrock values of Reagan — work, family, faith — still hold an appeal for tens of millions. But the faith of our fathers is dying, the family is crumbling, and work is less desirable when the social welfare state offers a cushioned existence for life.
Conservatives need to rediscover what they wish to conserve and how, in a climate every bit as hostile as 1964 — then await the moment when the country turns again to an alternative.
As it will. For our economic course is unsustainable. And our regnant elite are more arrogant than the establishment of the 1960s, though less able to satisfy the clamors of their bawling constituencies for more and more from a country that is approaching an end of its tolerance and an inevitable crash.
"..one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." ~ John Adams
- Obama’s secret middle-class tax hikes - Everyone will be paying more to DC under presidential plan bit.ly/SMUj4p
- It's Too Bad Communism Hasn't Been Tried Yet... (Poster) bit.ly/S0pBbb
- Islamic Fascism: the Nazi Connection bit.ly/Uzvvg8
- Armed Citizens Thwart Criminals > Police can’t be everywhere & protect everyone? Can you afford a bodyguard? bit.ly/SOy51Y
- Since His First Day in Office Barack Obama Has Hired 101 New Federal Employees on Average Each Day! ow.ly/fZwFg
- An Embarrassing Metric Disappears bit.ly/12jPeow
- Teachers' union abandons 26,000 Michigan school children bit.ly/ZcqjUT