Thursday, June 10, 2010

Daily Quotes – 6/10/10

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!” Samuel Adams [ I hope some of our crony capitalists see this quote. – JS ]

"If the battle for civilization comes down to the wimps versus the barbarians, the barbarians are going to win.” Thomas Sowell

Government is too big and too important to be left to the politicians.”
Chester Bowles

VERSE:image 
Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may  have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. Colossians 3:13

THOUGHT:
   How can I not forgive a brother or sister for whom Christ died,
when I know what God paid to forgive me?
PRAYER:
  Holy Father, I commit today to release any grudge or bitterness
that I have against one of your children. I am sorry for not
reflecting your grace and mercy which you lavished on me. Abba
Father, I need the help of your Holy Spirit to relinquish my claim
on the wrongs committed against me and to treat those who have hurt
me as full siblings in your family. Please empower me as I commit
to follow your example in forgiving, even when it is hard. Through
Jesus I pray. Amen. (Source – Heartlight)

No comments:

Post a Comment