Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christian Calling – 12/19/09

TODAY'S VERSE from HEARTLIGHT
image
VERSE:
  Restore us, O LORD God Almighty; make your face shine upon us,
that we may be saved. - Psalm 80:19
THOUGHT:
  In the days of Jesus' birth, there was a group of devout and
lowly people who still looked for God's redemption. They knew that
salvation could not, and would not, come without great cost -- not
just to themselves, but also to God. Isaiah had hinted about this
in his Servant Songs (see Isaiah 53). They had experienced it in
their own history. So with honest hearts, they confessed that they
didn't have the power to bring salvation and deliverance. This
power had to come from God and had to be released to people who
were seeking God's transformation in their lives. They needed to
ask God for it! They needed to seek his face, his presence, in
their daily lives. So must we!
PRAYER:
  O LORD, God of heaven and earth, Ruler of all creation, I praise
you. I praise you for your power and glory. I praise you for your
wisdom and creativity. I praise you for your mercy and
righteousness. I praise you because you alone are worthy of my
praise. O LORD, you alone can bring me full salvation. Please,
shine your face upon me. Please, make your presence known in my
life. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, powerful prayer. I pray many will pray accorfingly. I will! Will you join me?

    ReplyDelete