Sunday, April 4, 2010

Righteous

[ This hit me right between the eye’s. I hope you’ll see it as a devotion today, Easter, as yet another warrior puts himself in harm’s way. – JS ]

from One’s Marine View by USMC Maj. Pain located in Afghanistan:

IMG_0412

Remember what today is about. Regardless of your beliefs, remember. Know that although churches will be filled, and services conducted, your Marines continue to hunt the enemy with a relentless accomplishment. There are no colored eggs or (melted) chocolate bunnies. The air is filled with blowing dust and the sounds of local area are still & quiet, for now.

Patrols finish up and return to base as others prepare to go out. The continuous hunt for the enemy gains momentum as the holiday arrives. There are no special meals or events planned but perhaps an extra religious service held next to a tent by a visiting chaplain for those that can attend. Not sure what the day will entail as the enemy won’t hold off just because of the content of the day.

Throughout my travels I happen to look down and in a sea of rocks this rock caught my eye. Thousands of rocks, walked over time and time again and as timing would have it, I happen to look down and see this single rock. I haven’t altered the rock, drawn on it or anything simply picked it up and was surprised by the uncanny symbol of a cross on the rock. You couldn’t make a more perfect cross if you were carving it. Thought I would post it as it seemed fitting for the day especially since I found it here in Afg and with everything going on.

Take a minute where you are and look at what you are doing today and remember what the day is about.

Semper Fidelis & Happy Easter

No comments:

Post a Comment