Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Christian Calling – 11/25/09

image
TODAY'S VERSE from HEARTLIGHT
VERSE:
  The LORD is my light and my salvation-- whom shall I fear? The
LORD is the stronghold of my life-- of whom shall I be afraid?
Psalm 27:1
THOUGHT:
  I love the coast of Maine. The craggy shorelines, the crashing
surf, and the lighthouses perched at strategic and well-fortified
points along the coastline. I cannot help but think of our heavenly
Father when I watch the gloom gather as an impending storm noisily
makes its way on shore. There in the storm -- with lightning
ripping through the sky, winds howling, and the surf crashing --
stands the light that guides the way, strong against the elements
and a beacon of direction and hope. Yes, the LORD, Yahweh the God
of Israel, the Almighty Creator of all things, is my light and my
salvation. My life, the eternal part of me, is entrusted to him. I
choose not to fear. I place my trust in him.
PRAYER:
  Father in heaven, I praise you for your faithfulness through the
ages. I thank you for your steadfast love that has blessed each
generation, giving hope in times of darkness, salvation in times of
wantonness, and strength in times of weakness. Now I ask that you
be with several people I love, who need your palpable presence as
they fight their battles. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
http://www.heartlight.org/cgi-shl/todaysverse.cgi?day=20091125

No comments:

Post a Comment